It is our goal to make events enjoyable and safe for everyone. That is why Kerubi and our staff have committed to following safe space guidelines and we hope our customers adhere to them as well. Lets work together to create a safer space for everyone!
Safe space guidelines
- Respect the physical and mental boundaries of others. Respect the autonomy of other people. Don’t touch other people without asking for permission first. Remember, you can’t know other people’s boundaries without finding out first. Don’t be afraid to defend your own boundaries and ask for space.
- Don’t abuse, mock, demean or belittle anyone with your words, behaviour or actions. Refrain from critisizing others by their physical appearance, or by gossiping and enforcing negative stereotypes.
- Don’t make assumptions based on looks or actions. Don’t make assumptions about anyone’s sexual orientation, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, values, socioeconomic status or health.
- Give room. Aspire to make sure that everyone has a voice and an opportunity to participate in discussions. Don’t steamroll over others’ opinions. Let others be heard. Respect the privacy of others and deal with delicate subjects in a respectful manner.
- If you witness harassment or some other form of inappropriate conduct, intervene and help. Don’t be a bystander.
- Listen and learn. Accept new ideas, different people and different points of view with an open mind. Don’t think of new ideas and differences as threats, but as opportunities to learn and grow as a person.
- Apoligize. Apologize when your words or actions have hurt others whether or not they were deliberate.
If you encounter harassment or inappropriate behaviour in Kerubi or its events, tell our staff about it. We will intervene! You can also contact us after an event by calling 013 129 377 or by emailing us at email@example.com and we will look into it.
Wishing you all a safer time,
People of Kerubi